When it comes to fans and blowers used for industrial purposes, purchasing the right one is critical. Unlike fans installed in homes and commercial businesses, an industrial blower must perform at a high level in a harsh environment. Therefore, it is essential for you to choose a blower or fan from the right supplier, one with rugged construction consisting of quality materials.
As for maintenance, the actual process depends on the type of fan or blower purchased. As you probably know, there are many unique types of blowers, each with unique maintenance requirements. However, as vital equipment for the operation of your industrial business, there is no way to underestimate the importance of proper maintenance. Following are some tips worth your consideration.
- Employee Checklist – Start by creating an inspection checklist to help your employees stay on top of maintenance schedules and needs. That way, everyone responsible for fan and blower maintenance knows its current status, issues already corrected, pending resolutions, and so on.
- Spare Parts and Components – Although you should always rely on a professional company for expert cleaning and maintenance, it never hurts to keep small parts and components on hand. The reason is that, in some cases, a qualified employee can make minor repairs or complete maintenance quickly without needing to call in reinforcement.
- Greasing – When purchasing an industrial fan, the supplier or manufacturer provides a schedule for greasing. Along with that, some blowers have a sophisticated design that tracks the hour of operations, thereby making it easier to stay up-to-date on greasing intervals.
- Cleaning – Proper cleaning is part of any maintenance regimen. Especially in a harsh industrial environment, blowers and fans get dirty. Along with a light cleaning several times a year, you need to hire a professional for a major cleaning annually at the minimum. Without cleaning, a fan can lose up to 30 percent of its efficiency.
- Thorough Cleaning – Maintenance also consists of removing and washing various components, including shutters, guards, louvers, blades, and more.
Scheduling Professional Maintenance
To ensure optimal performance at all times, any fan or blower, regardless of size or type, needs professional cleaning and maintenance on a scheduled basis. However, to reduce the risk of problems, you need to start by purchasing a high-quality product, which is what we offer at NISCO. To get information about our company and the products we provide, please give us a call or visit our website.