When it comes to centrifugal fans, there are five working theories for functionality. Although each is unique, the centrifugal fan design proves beneficial for all of them. For different industrial applications and air pollution systems, these fans provide the regulated high-pressure airflow. Because these are constant-volume fans, they can even operate under highly sensitive conditions, including corrosive gasses, low or high temperatures, and acidic fumes, among others.
Following are the five top working theories in which a high-pressure centrifugal blower performs best:
- Cooling – A variety of fans help reduce heat applications. In this case, the fan blows cold air over a hot material to cool the temperature down. A prime example is cooling fans often used by the cement industry. Cooled air blows to reduce the temperature of the clinker, taking it from 1500-degrees to 100-degrees Celsius. The glass industry also relies on heavy-duty centrifugal type fans for cooling oven walls and lowering the glass’ temperature.
- Drying – To circulate air needed to control moisture and temperature of materials, many industrial processes depend on induced or forced-draft fans. Included are backward curved, airfoil, backward inclined, curved, and radial fans. For instance, the food processing industry uses centrifugal-type fans to dry and extract moisture from food material before it goes to packaging.
- Material Conveying – Another theory for a high-pressure centrifugal blower has to do with conveying. The type of fan required for this process depends on the density of the material getting conveyed. Remember, there are many processes and types of material that get handled via different operational procedures; because of that, the selected fan must produce the correct volume of air velocity required to move and convey the material to its destination. Typically, this process relies on industrial exhauster paddle wheel fans or high-pressure radial fans.
- Dust Collection and Re-Dusting – Whether used in a small factory or for a heavy-duty industrial application, these vans are excellent for both the dust collection and the re-dusting process. For the latter, several different centrifugal type fans get used. Combined, they work on pressure and depression type system principles.
- Air Recirculation – Numerous industries use burners and boilers that produce energy and heat. For those, the centrifugal fan design allows fresh air to flow into the system. As a result, it maintains sufficient oxygen levels for proper fuel combustion. A high-pressure centrifugal blower is essential for the steel and glass industry, in particular.